Monday, August 20, 2007

Genealogy domain

Read this nice article in NYT, highlighting the developments happening in the genealogy domain. For my DBMS course, I worked on a project in the genealogy domain and it was interesting. It is a pretty challenging domain and am sure lots of research is going on and will continue, to solve some of the interesting problems there. For eg, how do you track a person who has changed his name and has not updated records? There would be lots of missing links and lots of assumptions coming into play.
Recently I was searching to find a good social networking site for families, so that all my family members could be in touch. I browsed over myfamily.com and its has some good features like you can share news, schedule family get togethers and stuff apart from the usual photo, video sharing. It

No comments: